Neck Pain Relief from Our Vernon Hills Chiropractor
Neck pain doesn't just hurt terribly; it also deprives you of your ability to do an amazing number of ordinary everyday tasks. When you can't comfortably turn your head or tilt it up and down, you can't see what you need to see or do what you need to do at work, at home, or at play. That nagging pain may even make sleep an impossible dream. That's when you need to consult our Vernon Hills chiropractor at Molloy Chiropractic Center, Inc. to get the relief you so desperately need.
What's Aggravating Your Neck?
The human neck contains the most delicate and exposed section of the spinal column, the cervical spine. The vertebrae discs, nerve tissue and connective tissues of the neck can become painful for a variety of reasons. Common causes include:
- Whiplash, a hyperextension and hyperflexion injury to the neck sustained in a sudden impact
- Bulging or herniated discs pushing against sensitive cervical nerve tissue
- Inflammation and arthritis of the facet joints that articulate the vertebrae
- Cervical stenosis, in which the cervical spinal canal becomes overly narrow
- Spondylolisthesis, a forward-sliding of one or more cervical vertebrae.
- Misalignment of the skull on the top cervical vertebrae, which causes a weight imbalance that stresses neck muscles
- Poor workplace ergonomics that force you to contort your neck painfully
- "Text neck," a posture-related neck strain caused by letting the neck droop while consulting mobile devices
Safe, Conservative Treatment Options at Molloy Chiropractic Center, Inc.
If you've hesitated to get your neck fixed because you hate the idea of subjecting it to surgery, you'll be glad you discovered Molloy Chiropractic Center, Inc. We can provide neck pain relief and pain management solutions that involve no surgery or drugs. Based on what we find in an initial spinal evaluation, we can administer targeted, safe cervical spinal adjustments to bring your vertebrae and skull back into line. Our massage therapy and FAKTR techniques can relieve pain and promote healing in neck muscles, tendons, and ligaments. We may also prescribe corrective exercises and lifestyle or ergonomic changes to help you maintain a straighter, more natural neck posture. Every neck is unique, so we will create a personalized treatment program just for you.
Put a Stop to Your Neck Pain
No one should have to "just live with" neck pain, especially when the quality of that life is so low. Take a positive step toward a healthier, happier, more comfortable life today. Call Molloy Chiropractic Center, Inc. at 847-367-7070 to schedule a neck examination and talk about natural treatment options with our Vernon Hills chiropractor!